Executive Director: We're Hiring!
Consumer Health First (CHF) seeks a visionary leader, who is dedicated to the mission of health equity, to serve as its Executive Director. This is a unique opportunity to lead Maryland's authoritative and innovative health policy and advocacy organization into its next phase of development in what has become a more challenging environment. Foremost among the attributes CHF will be looking for in its new leader is a true passion for the goal of ensuring that all Marylanders have equitable access to high-quality and affordable health care.
In July 2016 CHF hired its first Executive Director at a time when the health care reform landscape looked very different than it does today. Despite the obvious challenges, CHF's Board of Directors also sees opportunities to both mitigate any damage from the Federal level while continuing to move forward at the state level. This will require a strong commitment to CHF's mission as well as the following attributes that include, but are not limited to:
- general knowledge of public health and health policy;
- familiarity with the legislative process;
- financial management;
- development and fundraising;
- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with a diversity of partners and stakeholders;
- comfort with public speaking; and
- ability to work from home office and to travel throughout the state as necessary.