Confirmed Speakers: Senator Chris Van Hollen and Jeremie Greer of Prosperity Now!
Maryland Nonprofits Legislative Preview is the place to make connections, be in the know, and set your priorities for advocacy in a momentous year. The 2018 legislative session in Maryland will be addressing major issues of import to nonprofits and communities and will be heavily influenced by developments at the federal level. The upcoming release of the Kirwan Commission report on education, as well as major considerations in Maryland’s budget, will require us to band together and engage our constituents in fighting for a budget that invests in Maryland’s Communities. The Maryland Nonprofits Legislative Preview will include:
- Maryland’s Budget Outlook
- Impact of Federal Tax Reform and Federal Budget Cuts
- Bringing an Equity Lens to Policy Advocacy
- Roundtables on Issue Areas including
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Provider Rates in Mental Health, Disabilities and Child Welfare
- Community Development
- Voting, Census, and More
- ACTivate Maryland: A new campaign to promote a Maryland Budget that invests in our communities
The Maryland Nonprofits Legislative Preview will give you insider information directly from legislators and nonprofit advocates on what to expect and how to make a difference. An opportunity for Q&A with lawmakers not only informs, but is also a way to raise their awareness and hold them accountable for the issues that you care about. Maryland Nonprofits will unveil a statewide ACTivate Maryland campaign to build support for a Maryland budget that invests in communities.