Maryland Health Insurance Resources
Here you will find links to other pages on a variety of Health Insurance Resources and Topics in Maryland. Click on each of the section headings below to take you to a new page with lots of details and resource links.
- Maryland Health Connection - Enroll in health insurance.
- Maryland Health Benefit Exchange manages the state health insurance marketplace.
- Maryland Insurance Administration regulates the insurance industry and assists consumers with insurance needs.
- Health Choice - Maryland’s statewide mandatory Medicaid managed care program.
- Health Education and Advocacy Unit Helps consumers whose health plan has refused to cover a medical procedure or to pay for a medical service that has already been provided.
Visit our Eligibility and Enrollment page for comprehensive information on what you need to know before you enroll.
This page has terrific information on what to look for in selecting a plan for anyone. Here are Consumer Health First's Checklists for Selecting a Plan for:
- Gay, Same-Gender-Loving, and Bisexual Men
- Lesbian, Same-Gender-Loving, and Bisexual Women
- Transgender People
- People with HIV
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD)
- Women with pregnancy in their future
"The degree to which an individual has the capacity to obtain, communicate, process, and understand basic health information and services to make appropriate health decisions." Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, Article V. Click on the link above for lots of resources aimed at improving health literacy.