Senate Republicans plan to try to repeal ObamaCare for a second time next week as Republicans face an end-of-the-month deadline. This bill will not receive a full CBO score, and will not have enough time to hold public hearings, much less to debate and amend it thoroughly.
CALL NOW: 202-224-3121
We need everyone to call Capitol Hill now to defeat the Graham-Cassidy Bill. This bill would be devastating to the country and to Maryland. Today, one in five Marylanders are covered by Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program. This bill could end coverage for 294,000 newly eligible Marylanders through the ACA and ultimately destroy the largest provider of health insurance in our nation.
Here are some tools and resources:
- Talking points from the folks at Community Catalyst
- The Impact of Graham-Cassidy on Maryland - A Fact Sheet
- State-by-state coverage loss #s
- Quick myth/fact table debunking the Graham-Cassidy Bill
- Social media links, graphics, and more
- 5 ways the Graham-Cassidy Bill puts Medicaid at Risk.
- Avalere Report - the Graham-Cassidy bill to repeal and replace the ACA would lead to a reduction in federal funding to states by $215B through 2026 and more than $4T over a 20-year period.
- The National Women's Law Center - lays out why this bill is Deja Vu for harming women's health care.
- The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities - like other ACA repeal efforts, the bill raises the uninsured rate dramatically and would mean the loss of more than $2 billion in Medicaid funding in Maryland in 2026.
- Health Affairs Blog - a closer look at the Medicaid provisions in the Graham-Cassidy Bill.
- Families USA - Lays out the impact of block grants and health care cuts.
- Kaiser Family Foundation - State-by-State Estimates of Changes in Federal Spending on Health Care Under the Graham-Cassidy Bill