TODAY, June 06, 2017
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
1st St NE & Constitution
Washington, District of Columbia
The Consortium For Citizens with Disabilities (CCD) and 30 other disability organizations are co-sponsoring a "Don't Cap My Care - Medicaid Rally" tomorrow, with Senators Casey (PA), Van Hollen (MD), Duckworth (IL), former U.S. Representative Tony Coelho (CA), and other members of Congress.
Please spread the word about the rally with your networks and friends. And most importantly, we need you and your colleagues to show up and prevent cuts to Medicaid!
- The American Health Care Act (AHCA), if passed, will cut more than $800 billion from Medicaid over the next decade.
- "Per capita caps" will devastate Medicaid-funded services that people with disabilities need to live, work and participate in their communities.
- Medicaid provides specialized healthcare services like nursing, personal care and therapies to children and adults with disabilities and seniors.
The U.S. Senate is writing their health care bill now. We must let Senators know that:
- Any cuts or caps to Medicaid are unacceptable!
- 10 million Americans with disabilities are at risk of losing the services that enable them to live and participate in their community.
For More Information: