Help Us Reach our goal of $15,000
TODAY, you have the opportunity to give back to your community. You can do that by making your first donation to Consumer Health First!
We are proud to be Maryland's leading health policy and advocacy organization and, with you, we share a commitment to ensure that all Marylanders have the access to the coverage and care that they deserve. Most importantly, we make sure that the first question decision-makers ask when drafting legislation or implementing policy is - what will be the impact on consumers? This is especially critical now, when the gains made under the Affordable Care Act are at risk.
Over the last ten years, Consumer Health First has had an impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of Marylanders. We have worked to:
- advocate for the expansion of Medicaid and the rights of those who receive it;
- create consumer-centric laws and policies for implementation of the Affordable Care Act;
- create robust network adequacy standards;
- pro-actively engage in Maryland's unique model for transformation of our payment and health delivery systems; and
- ensure that in all areas consumers' rights are protected.
Please take a few minutes to watch this video. Hear from real people who have benefited from the ACA, and learn why organizations like the Open Society Institute-Baltimore support our work:
Hundreds of thousands of Marylanders now have health care coverage because of the work we have done together. However, we now face a new political landscape that may threaten the advances we have made. Consumer Health First, we will work at both the Federal and State level to make sure we do not lose what's been gained with the Affordable Care Act. We will also move forward with policy makers, legislators, advocates and consumers on a host of issues.
Let's secure the right of health care for all Marylanders!