Consumer Health First works with federal partners to bring the voice of Maryland consumers to health care reform. On this page you will find links to the federal agencies and national advocacy organizations we work with on reform issues.
These are government agencies and councils that deal with health care reform.
- Healthcare.gov - get information about the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - For information on the ACA and many general aspects of healthcare.
- Learn the basics of health insurance.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Learn about the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO), provides national leadership in setting and enforcing standards for health insurance that promote fair and reasonable practices to ensure that affordable, quality health coverage is available to all Americans.
- Resources for professionals that assist the public with obtaining health insurance..
- White House Council on Women and Girls - resources and information on healthcare along with many other topics.
These are independent organizations that follow federal health care reform issues closely.
- Raising Women's Voices - a national initiative working to make sure women’s voices are heard and women’s concerns are addressed as policymakers put the health care law into action. We believe women are grassroots experts in what is wrong with the current health system and what it takes to fix it because of our roles as arrangers of health care for our families.
- National Women’s Law Center provides many updates on federal reform policies and issues.
- Families USA is a leading national voice for health care consumers, is dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care and improved health for all.
- National Health Law Program protects and advances the health rights of low-income and underserved individuals and families. NHeLP advocates, educates and litigates at the federal and state levels.
- Center on Budget Policies and Priorities is a nonpartisan research and policy institute that pursues federal and state policies designed both to reduce poverty and inequality and to restore fiscal responsibility in equitable and effective ways.