Following are the core principles that define our donation policy:
- Solicitation and acceptance of donations must be consistent with the Consumer Health First mission and support its operations, core programs and special projects.
- Consumer Health First's solicitation of grants shall be designed to advance its mission and strategic agenda.
- Donations will generally be accepted from individuals, partnerships, corporations, foundations, government agencies, or other entities subject to guidelines set by the Board of Directors and reviewed, as necessary, by the Finance Committee.
- No donations will be accepted from any individual, organization, or other entity if there is an expectation of influencing Consumer Health First's mission, programs, or advocacy positions.
- No donations will be accepted where donor restrictions could influence Consumer Health First's programs and advocacy positions in a manner that is inconsistent with its mission and values.
- All decisions to solicit and/or accept donations that fall outside of Consumer Health First's funds solicitation principles or parameters shall require a 2/3 majority of the Board based upon a consideration of the potential impact on its mission and values.