November 30, 2011 Conference Call - 12:00 to 1:00 P.M.
The Conference Call
- Phone number: 712.432.1690, code = 841045#
Please note that the conference service is free but we can not afford to provide a free dial-in phone number for you. If you have a land line with unlimited minutes it should be free for you, too. But, if you use a cell phone, there may still be a charge with your carrier if you exceed your minutes. So please be sure to check first.
To eliminate the chances for background noise, try to use a landline and be sure to put it on mute until you wish to speak.
Following are resources you may find useful during and after the call. We very much appreciate you taking the time to participate.
Family Planning Works Act
The ACA at the Supreme Court
- Resources from the National Women’s Law Center, including why the case matters to women
- “Legal Questions and Answers that Will Decide the Health Law’s Fate” (Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation)
Maryland’s Health Benefit Exchange
- What is an Exchange?
- What has happened to date?
- Health Benefit Exchange Act (HBEA2011)
- Office of Health Care Reform
- Exchange Board and Advisory Committees Health Benefit Exchange Act of 2011 & Legislative Studies
- Coalition comments - Principles for the Exchange, Navigator, Operating Model, SHOP and Finance and Sustainability Committee recommendations
Coalition Agenda for 2012 –Working to “Get It Right” in Maryland
- Essential Health Benefit (EHB) Package
- The Essential Health Benefits Process: What Advocates Need to Know -Community Catalyst
- Institute Of Medicine / EHB Criteria
- Defining Essential Health Benefits: Key State Considerations – Carolyn Ingram, Center for Health Care Strategies
- State Health Improvement Process
- Creating Health Equity - Engaging Women of Color
- Assessing the Costs of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities: State Experience Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project
- DHMH -Department of Minority Health and Health Disparities with resources on the state plan and related resources
Communicating the Case for Health Care Reform
What Members Can Do
- Stay informed - join us on Facebook and check our website
- Join us at our “Get It Right For Women” Forum on January 23, 2012