Call To Action
Maryland has always been a national leader in advancing healthcare reform, and for more than a decade, Consumer Health First has been seeking solutions to advance reforms that promote health equity through access to comprehensive, affordable, high quality health care for all Marylanders. All that we've worked for is at risk if Republicans in Congress pass a repeal and replace bill.
Help us protect the gains we've made under the ACA:
Things You Can Do TODAY:
1. The Graham-Cassidy Bill has been introduced as a last ditch effort to achieve repeal and replace the ACA, and Senate Republicans need to hear from their constituents. If you live in a state with Republican Senators, please contact them and tell them to vote against Cassidy-Graham. Use these phone numbers: 1-866-426-2631 (English) or 1-877-736-7831 (Español) or call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121. For more information, including a script with key talking points about saving Medicaid, see here.
2. Contact Governor Larry Hogan's office and ask him to protect the ACA and Medicaid Expansion in Maryland:
- Email: Governor.email@example.com
- Twitter: @LarryHogan
100 State Circle
Annapolis, Maryland, 21401-1925
410-974-3901 / 1-800-811-8336
3. Attend Town Halls and Rallies. Check our Event Page for upcoming events.
4. Share Your Story. Let us know how the ACA helped you or a family member. How would a repeal or major changes affect you?
Other Things You Can Do:
- Contact Your Elected Officials
- Learn the ABCs of Advocacy:
- The media is important to spread your message. Check out our Tips for Media Outreach.
- Write a letter to the editor to your local paper
- Write an Op-Ed to your local paper
- Call a talk radio program to talk about health care
- Learn how to write a letter to your elected officials
- Prepare to meet with your legislators with our Tips for an effective meeting
- Commit to reading, sharing, and tweeting/ re-tweeting at least one article per day about the impact of repealing the ACA. If you Tweet - use the hashtags #HealthCareKeepIt, #SaveMedicaid and #ProtectOurCare.
- Download our Fact Postcard, and share it or print it out.
- Invite us to an event! Or hold your own Rally or Town Hall meeting! We'll help you.