ABC’s of Advocacy
We all have a valuable role to play as health care reformers and advocates. How can you get started?
- Educate yourself about the issues you care about; if you are interested in health care reform:
- Begin by learning more about the Affordable Care Act (ACA);
- Then explore what is going on with Maryland State Reform and Federal Reform;
- Build your understanding of ways that health care reform can advance health equity, and stay current with other useful reports and articles.
- Be aware of the various Maryland State Agencies that contribute to health care reform policy-making, including:
- Join with others to increase your effectiveness, share your ideas and stay informed of the current policies and issues through alerts and social media:
- Speak Out:
- Contact your elected officials. They would appreciate hearing from you!
- Get others involved as health care reformers, including your friends, family and community at large;
- Share your health care story with us;
- Invite Consumer Health First to an event;
- Join us on Facebook and Twitter